Zoom Video Communications, Inc. has officially launched a brand new category of products that can be used to optimize the hybrid workspace called Zoom Phone Appliances. Poly and Yealink have partnered with Zoom to create these hardware solutions.
Why were these appliances created?
Zoom has announced its launch of the new Zoom Phone Appliances category within its hardware products. These are meant to be used in hybrid workforces, shared workspaces, or home offices. Zoom partnered with Yealink and Poly for the creation of the hardware solutions.
The Head of Zoom Rooms and Zoom Phone, Graeme Geddes, stated that “Our goal is to empower the workforce to accomplish more by blurring the lines between voice and video. The new Zoom Phone Appliance program boasts a selection of purpose-built Zoom Phone hardware from Poly and Yealink, streamlining communications, removing friction, and enabling a powerful communications experience.”
What are their capabilities?
This hardware will act as an all-one solution for desk phones and can be used for phone calls, interactive whiteboards, and video meetings. The capabilities added by Yealink and Poly products provide touch display with audio and video capabilities.
Zoom Phone Appliance is user-friendly and can be quickly licensed, installed, used, and managed, which benefits both the IT departments and end-users. Other features include:
- A-Zoom Admin Portal for centralized management
- Zoom verified, meaning the products are reliable
- Personalized according to the user
- A desk phone with all Zoom features to help you check voicemail, receive and make calls, schedule meetings, collaborate virtually with annotation and content sharing
- You can instantly start using it as additional licensing is not required; you can easily log in to the phone appliance using your Zoom account credentials.
Zoom has stated that more products and features will be added over time.