Microsoft Bing Chat, Google Project Magi or no AI search at all?
Google Search is facing competition that it has never before encountered. Will we soon replace 'Googling' by 'Binging', or are we better off with the status quo?
Microsoft has revealed an ace up its sleeve since it added an AI chatbot to Bing, taking the fight to Google's flagship Search functio... Read more
Google to overhaul its search experience with AI to cater to younger audiences
The overhaul to its core search engine will endeavor to provide more visual, personal, and "snackable" results. According to the Wall Street Journal, internal documents suggest that the shift will include the integration of generative artificial intelligence as Google faces increased competition fr... Read more
Google Chrome received a speed boost after a performance update
According to Google, these tweaks led to a significant new performance milestone across Mac and Android, resulting in a 10% increase in Apple's Speedometer 2.1 browser benchmark over three months.
The adjustments involve a range of tweaks, from improved caching to better memory management. While... Read more
OVHcloud founder Octave Klaba to acquire struggling search engine Qwant
Klaba and his brother Miroslaw will take a 75% stake in the new entity Synfonium, which will control Qwant and the cloud platform SHADOW. The French financial institution CDC will own the remaining 25% of shares in Synfonium.
The financial details of the deal have not been disclosed. Still, the ... Read more
Microsoft Bing has 100M daily users
Yusuf Mehdi, the corporate vice president of Microsoft's modern life, search, and devices group, announced the news in a blog post on Wednesday. This update comes after Microsoft released a new version of Bing with an AI chatbot developed in collaboration with OpenAI just last month.
The AI chat... Read more
DuckDuckGo adds AI-powered DuckAssist to search engine
Powered by generative artificial intelligence (AI) models from OpenAI and Anthropic, DuckAssist generates natural language responses to user questions and provides more relevant answers than its predecessor, the Instant Answers tool.
DuckAssist is part of the company's ongoing push to improve th... Read more
Google will rank AI-generated content based on its value
The move marks a shift from its previous stance of downgrading such content. The company has updated its guidelines, recognizing the importance of automation and AI in creating useful content.
Google will assess four key qualities, E-E-A-T (expertise, experience, authoritativeness, and trustwort... Read more
Massive leak of Yandex code reveals 1922 search ranking factors
The Russian tech giant was quick to assure everyone that they had not been hacked.
This week Ars Technica reported that 44.7GB of source code files leaked source code have revealed the underpinnings of Russian tech giant Yandex's many apps and services. The files had been stolen by a former empl... Read more
Google now removes personal data from search results on request
Google has released a tool that allows users to remove personal data from search engine results. It's a significant move for the company, which has traditionally resisted individual control of search results outside of widely damaging or copyright-violating cases.
However, the tool's effectivene... Read more
Google’s new app helps users remove personal information from search results
Google released 'Results About You', a feature that broadens the types of personal information customers can request to be deleted from Search Engine results, including phone numbers, physical addresses and email addresses.
Last spring, Google announced that the functionality would be available ... Read more