The world’s leading provider of enterprise open-source solutions, Red Hat, is partnering with Nutanix, a hybrid multi-cloud computing leader. The collaboration aims to create a powerful solution that can be leveraged to build, scale and manage cloud-native applications in hybrid clouds and on-premises.
This strategic partnership announced on Thursday combines the two’s exemplary technologies to enable the installation, interoperability, and management of Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linus with Nutanix Cloud Platform.
The project will include Nutanix AOS and AHV.
The partnership in highlights
Out of this union emerges many elements of interest that include:
- Red Hat OpenShift will be the preferred choice for enterprise full stack Kubernetes on the Nutanix Cloud Platform. Users who want to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift on hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) will have access to solutions by Nutanix, offering industry-leading performance and Nutanix AOS and AHV.
- Nutanix Cloud Platform will be the preferred choice of HCI for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift. Customers will leverage this to deploy virtual and container workloads on hyper-converged infrastructure, accessing both the advantages offered by Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud technologies and the hyper-converged offerings from Nutanix.
- Nutanix’s AHV hypervisor is now certified by Red Hat to fully support Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift on the Nutanix Cloud Platform. The certification of the built-in hypervisor for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift gives customers access to a simplified full-stack solution for their containers and virtual cloud-native apps.
- Robust interoperability, encompassed in a joint engineering roadmap. The two will continue testing RHEL and Red Hat OpenShift with Nutanix AHV to promote interoperability using aligned product roadmaps.
- The support experience is going to be more seamless with faster resolution times for joint customers.
The timely collaboration will hopefully help enterprises transition to the new digital age.