Rackspace Technology recently made headlines for achieving the status of a Qualified Security Assessor Company (QSAC) for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Rackspace met the criteria for the EMEA region, referred to as Europe and CEMEA by the PCI DSS.
Why is QSAC Important?
A security assessor conducts PCI DSS quality assessments on the site of vendors and service providers against card industry data standards. The standards are a collection of 12 objectives with numerous supplementary requirements intended to enhance the security and reliability of debit and credit transactions and safeguard cardholders from unauthorized usage of their card details and information.
As a result of achieving QSAC status, Rackspace Technology can now provide many services to retailers to ensure that their card data processing and payments are handled securely and safely. The services of Rackspace Technology include:
- ROCS – yearly compliance reports to clients who hold, transmit, or process over 6 million Mastercard and Visa payments annually. For service providers, these reports are issued for 0.3 million transactions each year.
- A review of the scope and any potential de-scoping measures.
- Analysis of gaps.
- Support and direction for the Self-Assessment Questionnaire.
- Staff education sessions.
- Review of documentation and template provision.
- Recognized Scanner Supplier.
- Code reviews and penetration testing.
- Solutions based on authorization and multi-factor authentication.
- Tools for Data Integrity Monitoring.
“With Rackspace Technology as a merchant’s or service provider QSAC, customers throughout EMEA will benefit from our agility as moving at pace is paramount in the fight against nefarious attacks and security concerns”, said Jeff Bennson, Security Consulting Director, Business Consulting Services EMEA at Rackspace.
Rackspace Technology provides multi-cloud services, independent of a deployment model or technology stack. The company has the ability to design, construct, and run its customers’ cloud infrastructure on all significant technological platforms. It collaborates with customers throughout every step of their “cloud journey”, empowering them to update apps, produce fresh goods and incorporate cutting-edge technology.