The Your Phone app now allows you to run multiple Android apps simultaneously.
Last August, Microsoft introduced a feature on the Your Phone app Your Phone app that allowed users to access their phone’s mobile apps directly from their Windows 10 PC. The feature streamed Android apps to PCs via the Your Phone app into a stand-alone window and allowed users to pin them to taskbar, just like regular desktop apps.
This useful feature was only available to Windows Insiders, however. Now Microsoft has made this capability available to anyone with a compatible Samsung phone.
How to set up and use the apps
Users can instantly access the Android apps installed on your mobile device right on their PC. Using a Wi-Fi connection, Apps allows Windows 10 users to browse, play, order, chat, and more – all while using your PC’s larger screen and keyboard.
The multi-app experience requires Windows 10 May 2020 Update or later. To check and update our version of Windows, on your PC go to Settings > Updates & Security > Check for update.
In order to work, the Android device and PC need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can use your PC’s mouse, trackpad, keyboard, pen or touch-enabled to open, type, scroll, and interact with apps. A few tips for using your mouse and keyboard:
- Single click will behave the same as any single touch/tap interaction
- Right click anywhere on your phone screen to navigate to the previous page
- Click and hold will behave the same as a tap/hold interaction
- Click and hold and drag to select content
- Mouse scroll to move between pages vertically or horizontally
Some games and apps might not work with a mouse or keyboard. You’ll need to use a touch-enabled PC to interact with them.
Available on select Samsung Smartphones
This feature is only available on select Samsung devices that have Link to Windows, such as:
- Samsung Galaxy Note9
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 series
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 series
- Samsung Galaxy S9 series
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Z flip