Through MMD, its brand licensing partner for monitors, Philips today launched a new curved LCD display. The Philips 499P9H Brilliance 32:9 SuperWide is a 49-inch display that, thanks to this format, equals two full size monitors.
According to Philips, the screen was developed with professional users in mind. Where they normally placed two 27-inch Quad-HD screens next to each other, they don’t have to do that now and they only have to place this curved screen. In any case, this will save you the necessary cables in your home.
According to Philips, the 499P9H is equal to two monitors next to each other. Because the device is further focused on business professionals, Philips has also chosen other high-end specifications, which are also reflected in the price. The device has received a recommended price of 1,099 euros.
Philips describes the 499P9H as a versatile model. One of the reasons for this is that the device is equipped with a USB-C input that enables fast data transfer and flexible connectivity. There is also a pop-up webcam in the monitor and Philips has opted for an environmentally friendly design.
The following are the main specifications of the monitor:
- A 1800r curved display.
- There is a built-in MultiClient Integrated KVM switch with Multi-View function.
- Philips has chosen Dual Quad HD (5120 x 1440) resolution.
- For intense colours and better depth of field, the monitor features VESA-certified HDR 400 technology.
- The VA-LED display provides sharp images from any viewing angle.
- Built-in USB 3.1-C docking station with power output.
- USB 3.1 technology that needs data transfer accelerator. Because it is a reversible USB-C connector, everything can be connected with a single cable.
- There is also a Windows Hello pop-up face recognition webcam built in, which can be discreetly and securely tucked away when not in use.
- Flicker-free technology and LowBlue mode.
- Effective ergonomic features, such as a height-adjustable stand with swivel and tilt functions and a wall bracket.
The Philips 499P9H is available at a suggested retail price of 1,099 euros.This news article was automatically translated from Dutch to give Techzine.eu a head start. All news articles after September 1, 2019 are written in native English and NOT translated. All our background stories are written in native English as well. For more information read our launch article.